1. What is your name? (unless you want to go by your shop name)
Theresa M. Harris
2. Please tell us a little about your background (brief summary of where you've lived, studied, and worked)
I have lived all over the US, mainly, California, and the last decade in the Blue Ridge Mtns.
I am a self taught artist with no preference in materials, I love anything creative, though I am better at some than others!
3. When did you become interested in creating art?
I believe I suffer from Asperger's Syndrome, which means, I can only relate on a very limited basis to people. Art has always been my form of communication and release.
4. How did you learn your techniques?
Trial and error. I probably do it wrong, but it works for me!
5. What inspires you?
I am most comfortable with nature, wildlife and I adore all abstract art!
6. What do you find most rewarding in this work?
There are a couple of ways to look at that. Of course, it's always good to receive compliments! Getting paid is better! It is a double edge sword, though. I have to create something. It is a drive like eating, sleeping, breathing. Exhausting but satisfying.
7. What is the best advice you have received?
I suppose the people who have always supported my creativity were the most important. It isn't always practical or profitable! Their advice, Don't quit painting!
8. What is your best advice to emerging artists?
Don't quit painting! Some won't be masterpieces. So what. Don't limit yourself. Try everything to express what you want to say!
9. What would you like buyers to know about you and your artwork?
If I have conveyed how I feel or see something and know that they see or feel it too, I have succeeded in connecting with potential buyers. My experiences, my life, my expression is what I want them to know through my artwork.